This recipe calls for pork belly skin that is incredibly crispy and perfectly golden! It’s about time, patience, and control of temperature in order to achieve this crispiness with a slice of juicy meat!
- 2 kg pork belly slabs
- 1 pc pork broth cube
- 8 pc bay leaf
- 1 cup of salt
- Choose a pork belly that has no more than 1/2 inch for every layer of meat, and no less than 1/4 inch for every layer of fat.
- Using a toothpick, prick the skin and meat
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Completely line a roasting pan with foil (this will make clean-up much easier). Pour 1 inch of water into the bottom of the pan. Place a wire rack on top of the roasting pan to hold the pork belly.
- Place the pork belly on the wire rack. The pork belly will cook above the water, with the pork drippings dripping down below into the water. Make sure the pork belly is level (if one part is lower/shorter the skin will not cook evenly.
- Spread 1 cup of salt evenly across the pork belly skin. Place into the top half of the oven.
- Bake for about 40 minutes until the meat looks cooked.
- Once the pork is done, remove it from the oven. If you’re going to crisp the skin right away, turn the oven off and open the door for about a minute just to release the heat so the pork doesn’t continue to roast while it’s crisping the skin.
Never miss this one! At Avacraft cookware, we love cooking and eating! Comment down below!