Rainy day? Chilly afternoon? Feeling under the weather? This recipe is for you. Imagine walking into the kitchen to throw a few ingredients together, only to come out with a warm creamy bowl of comforting soup in minutes. Full flavored with garlic, onions, and herbs subtle enough to shine through and compliment the natural flavor of mushrooms without overpowering it. Cooked with easy to find ingredients you may already have in your kitchen; you are minutes away from a satisfying bowl of creamy goodness.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2lb sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- Heat butter and oil in a large pot over medium-high heat until melted. Sauté onion for 2 to 3 minutes until caramelized. Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add mushrooms and cook them for approximately 5 minutes.
- Mix flour, salt, pepper, and 1 can broth until smooth; stir into mushroom mixture. Stir in the remaining can of broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat; stir in cream. Simmer, uncovered, until flavors are blended, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle in parsley. Serve warm.
Try this recipe using our Stainless-Steel Tri-Ply Bottom Saucepan 1.5QT. Sign-up at Avacraft cookware and win gift cards up to $50.