If this is not a staple side dish on your Christmas menu, it should be! Essentially, it is the easy, no fuss sister of Lasagna with equally great taste. Top it off with Cheese if you are feeling festive or with spinach and basil if you are still concerned about your figure. Either way, I am sure you will enjoy this hearty pasta bake!
- 48 oz perfect marinara sauce
- ½ lb mild Italian sausage
- ½ lb ground beef
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella
- 16 oz mostaccioli pasta
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Cook mostaccioli according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large Avacraft Everyday Pan, cook beef, sausage, garlic and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink, then drain. Stir in marinara sauce, Italian seasoning, bay leaf, basil, grated parmesan, and pepper.
- Drain and add mostaccioli and 1-1/2 cups of mozzarella cheese to the beef mixture. Transfer to two greased 11×7-in. baking dishes. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese are melted.
Try this one! Sign-up at Avacraft cookware and win gift cards up to $50!