This Chocolate Mousse will be adored time and time again! So light, with a rich, deep intense chocolate flavour, which is such an interesting contrast with the frothy, light texture. Very quick & simple but fancy! It makes any occasion seem so special!
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 egg whites
- 1/3 cup sugar
- whipped cream
- In a small heatproof bowl, combine the chocolate and butter. Set the bowl over a pot of barely simmering water. Stir constantly until chocolate is melted and smooth. Remove from heat but leave the pot of simmering water on the burner.
- Whisk in 1 egg at a time until mixed in, set aside. In a stand mixer add in the egg whites and mix on medium speed until soft peaks are formed about 3-4 minutes. Slowly pour in the sugar and mix on medium until stiff peaks are formed about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the egg white mixture from the stand mixer and add it to the bowl with the chocolate and gently fold in using a rubber spatula until completely mixed in. Don’t over mix. Place the bowl in the refrigerator for 90 – 120 minutes or set.
- Serve with whipped cream.
If you love chocolates, this would be the best for you! Check out trending Avacraft cookware!