Everything tastes better on a stick! These chocolate ice cream bars will surely bring to mind childhood memories. Perfect for summer and any occasions. Whether made by vanilla or chocolate, everyone will enjoy it.
- vanilla ice cream- softened
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- ½ cup coconut oil (use refined coconut oil for a neutral taste)
- ⅓ cup crispy rice cereal
- Spread out softened ice cream on a wax paper-lined baking tray. Cover with wax paper and press down to evenly spread and smooth. Freeze overnight.
- Microwave the chocolate chips with coconut oil for 90 seconds, stopping to stir every 30 seconds until melted and smooth. Allow the chocolate mixture to come to room temperature. Mix in rice cereal.
- Working quickly and in small batches. Pour the softened ice cream in the moulds with popsicle sticks and freeze for at least 1 or 2 hours. Remove the ice bars from the freezer and immediately dip them in the melted chocolate with rice cereal or nuts and return to the freezer to harden up.
How about this one? Don’t hesitate to try it! At Avacraft cookware, we love cooking and eating! Let me know your thoughts!