It’s no longer summer, but this dessert will always be someone’s favorite! And yes, you can choose your own flavor. Let me show you how easy it is to make. Fill up your freezer with these fresh homemade Ice Cream Sandwiches.
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-pint vanilla ice cream
- Cream together butter and sugar in a large bowl. Add egg and vanilla and mix well. Add cocoa and mix well. In another bowl mix together flour, salt and baking powder. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for at least one hour.
- Scoop 2 inches apart onto greased baking sheets, forming 10 cookies. Flatten slightly with a glass. Sprinkle with chocolate chips—Bake for 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove from the oven and transfer to wire racks to cool.
- To make ice cream sandwiches, spreading any amount of ice cream depends on your desire. ; Cover with remaining cookies. Wrap each in plastic wrap; freeze on a baking sheet overnight.
Craving for ice cream and cookies? If you have any suggestions for us at Avacraft cookware, please write to us at in.