We love a good casserole, and this one certainly doesn’t disappoint. The tortillas hold all the delicious filling together so perfectly and make this one crowd-pleasing dish. Achieve that creamy, cheesy perfection that is so easy to throw together since everything is layered together instead of rolled tonight!
- 2 1/2 to 3 lbs shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup canned corn, completely drained
- 2 tbsp green onions, thinly sliced (about 4) extra for garnish
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 cans enchilada sauce
- 1 can green chillies, roasted & chopped
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 18 corn tortillas
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9” x 13” rectangular oven dish.
- In a large mixing bowl. Combine shredded chicken, corn, and green onions. Mix it well and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add all the wet and dry ingredients and whisk it well.
- Add 1/4 cup of enchilada sauce to the bottom of the baking dish. Arrange 4-6 corn tortillas on top of enchilada sauce. Begin to layer half of the chicken mixture, 1/3 of shredded cheese, and half of the enchilada sauce, repeat with corn tortillas, remaining chicken mixture, 1/3 shredded cheese, and remaining enchilada sauce. Top with remaining cheese.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 30-40 minutes. Remove foil and broil until the cheese is bubbly and golden.
- Garnish with diced tomatoes & thinly sliced green onions, if desired. Then let it cool for about 30 minutes.
Love this one? Sign-up at Avacraft cookware and win gift cards up to $50!