Late for work? Busy week? Chicken Burrito is the PERFECT grab-and-go meal made with chicken breast, Mexican rice, refried beans, cheddar cheese, and seasoning, wrapped in a flour tortilla. You can make this ahead and freeze it until you need it and frozen until you need it, so it is perfect for those weeks packed with meetings.
- 6 flour tortillas, large
- 2 chicken breast/thighs, skinless and boneless
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can of black beans
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 1 avocado thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp coriander
- leftover rice, Mexican rice preferred.
- Grated cheese of your choice
- ¾ cup of oil
- In a small bowl combine the salt, cayenne pepper, paprika, cumin, and oregano. Set aside.
- Place chicken breast in a large bowl, sprinkle seasoning mixture, drizzle with 1 tbsp of oil and toss to coat.
- Heat 1-2 tbsp of oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add chicken breast/thighs and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, until fully cooked.
- In the same pan, sauté onion for 5 minutes, add garlic and chopped bell pepper and continue to sauté for 2-3 minutes more. Add the beans and season it with salt and pepper. Cook for 4-5 minutes. Once done, remove from heat.
- Place the tortilla on your working surface. Put in the rice for the first layer then place the bean mixture and some chicken chunks, then thinly sliced avocado, chopped tomatoes, then coriander leaves, and eventually sprinkle some shredded cheese. Fold the sides of the tortilla and roll.
- Now you can serve it like this, freeze it or toast the burritos on a dry pan.
This is the best! If you have any suggestions for us at Avacraft cookware, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org!