Chicken Adobo originated in the Philippines and it was influenced by Spanish people in the year 1613. This dish is very popular for every occasion and it’s very affordable.
- 2 lbs chicken cut into serving pieces
- 3 pieces of dried bay leaves
- 8 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons white vinegar
- 5 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt optional
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorn
- 1 shallot sliced
- Preheat a medium pan into medium heat and add some oil then add the shallots and garlic.
- Let it cook until brown then add the chicken cook until golden brown. After that add some water then let it simmer for about 10 minutes in medium heat.
- After 10 minutes add the soy sauce, vinegar, bay leaves, sugar, and the whole peppercorn then let it simmer again for about 15 minutes until the sauce is thickened.
- Once done, transfer it into a clean plate.
Serve it with rice! Swear you won’t regret it! Let us know your thoughts below!