Carrot Cake originated in Europe. As time went by, passionate pastry makers used fruits and vegetables to enhance the taste of their desserts. As of today, you can find these pastries in almost every bakery!
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light or dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup or 1 stick unsalted butter melted
- 4 large eggs room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans optional
Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 8 oz cream cheese softened brick-style, not spreadable
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups powdered sugar
Procedure For Batter:
- In a large bowl stir everything together with all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, ground cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt until combined.
- Then add canola or vegetable oil and melted butter and use an electric mixer to stir until it’s well combined. Also, add egg gradually until it’s well combined. Stir in the vanilla extract, add the carrots and walnuts then use a spatula to stir until well combined.
- Evenly divide the carrot cake batter into a 9-inch baking pan and bake on 350F (175C) for 40 minutes (toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean).
- Allow carrot cake to cool in the pans for 15 minutes, then run a knife around the edge and invert onto the cooling rack to cool completely.
The procedure of Cream Cheese Frosting:
- First, combine butter and cream cheese in a large bowl and use an electric mixer to beat until creamy, well-combined
- Stir in vanilla extract and sprinkle some generous amount of salt then stir it well until well combined.
- With the mixer on low, gradually add powdered sugar until ingredients are completely combined (make sure to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl with a spatula).
- Once your cake has cooled completely, cover with frosting. You can also decorate it with almonds and walnuts on top.