Movie night with the fam? We got you! This easy to make caramel popcorn can turn any movie night into something extra. Buttery and caramel – y just like any popcorn should!
- 12 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1 stick butter
- 1 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 200°F. Line a large 15 x 21 inches jelly roll pan with foil. Spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Add popcorn to the pan in an even layer and place in the oven to warm
- Melt butter in a Full Body Tri-Ply Stainless Steel Frying Pan With Lid, 8 Inch over medium heat. Once melted, stir in brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt. Whisk until sugar dissolves.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Once the caramel begins to boil gently, boil for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the baking soda and vanilla. Continue until the color is uniform.
- Immediately pour caramel over the popcorn. Stir with a spatula until coated. Bake for 45 minutes, stirring the popcorn every 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, line the counter with parchment paper. When popcorn is done, pour onto parchment paper and separate pieces before it cools.
Tried this and liked it? We want to hear the stories! Sign-up at Avacraft cookware and win gift cards up to $50.