This sweet and pungent salad that comes with a great variety and colorful veggies that you can truly enjoy without any regret. Very quick and easy to make that has a citrusy and delicious flavor!
- 4 oz red beets
- 4 oz golden beets
- 4 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 blood oranges, segmented or peeled and sliced.
- 2 oranges, segmented or peeled and sliced.
- 1 tbsp chimichurri sauce
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp oil
- ½ red onion, sliced thinly
- ½ fennel bulb, sliced thinly
- kosher salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- parsley, for garnish
- Maldon salt, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Before doing any chopping/prepping cook your beets.
- In a small 9×13 baking dish place the beets, rub olive oil and salt all over the beets. Wrap in aluminum foil, add lemon juice or wine, then cover ½ way with water, and bake for 2 hours or until fully tender. Chop all the rest of your ingredients.
- Once the beets are tender, peel them and slice them in large chunks. To a medium bowl add the chimichurri sauce, lemon juice, olive oil, and mix to form the salad dressing. Add the sliced red onion, sliced fennel, segmented oranges and blood oranges. Toss to combine.
- Onto a platter, scatter the baked beets, top with the blood orange and fennel salad. Garnish parsley and maldon salt.
Try this one now! Sign-up at Avacraft cookware and win gift cards up to $50!