Craving for Chinese stat? Beef and Broccoli is an easy, 1-pan, 30-minute meal that is loaded with fresh broccoli, tender nutrition-packed beef, and the best stir fry sauce. The beef is tender and flavorful, while the broccoli is nice and crisp. You can have a healthy and easy dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes!
- 1 lb. sirloin beef, sliced into thin pieces
- 2 cups broccoli cut into florets
- 2 teaspoons ginger, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- cooking oil for frying
- 1 teaspoon granulated white sugar
- 3/4 cups water (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon Sesame oil (optional)
- 3 tablespoons cooking wine (optional)
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Combine beef, oyster sauce, Sesame oil, cooking wine, and sugar in a bowl. Mix and marinate beef for 15 minutes.
- Add cornstarch and mix to blend with all the ingredients. Set aside.
- In a frying pan or a medium skillet, heat about two tablespoons of cooking oil and sauté ginger and garlic.
- Add broccoli before the garlic starts to brown—Stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the pot. Set aside.
- Pour the remaining oil into the pot. Add marinated beef once the oil gets hot. Stir-fry until the beef browns. You can add water to tenderize the beef further. If water is added, let it boil and stir as it evaporates. Add salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Put the cooked broccoli into the pot with the beef. Stir-fry for 3 minutes. Transfer to a clean serving plate or bowl.
Hey! Feeling hungry? Sign-up at Avacraft cookware and win gift cards up to $50. Comment down below!