Beef with broccoli dish originated in China and it is a traditional dish. A combination of protein and fiber with a lot of benefits. This is a very delicious kind of dish that you can enjoy on every occasion.
- 1 lb. beef sliced into thin pieces
- 2 cups broccoli cut into florets
- 2 teaspoons ginger minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 to 3/4 cups water optional
- ¼ cup cooking oil
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon Knorr Liquid Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Sesame oil optional
- 3 tablespoons cooking wine optional
- 1 teaspoon granulated white sugar
- Combine beef, oyster sauce, Knorr Liquid Seasoning, Sesame oil, cooking wine, and sugar in a bowl. Mix well. Marinate beef for 15 minutes. Add cornstarch and mix to blend with all the ingredients. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons cooking oil in a cooking pot. Sauté ginger and garlic. Add broccoli before the garlic starts to brown. Stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the pot. Set aside.
- Pour the remaining oil into the pot. Add marinated beef once the oil gets hot. Stir-fry until the beef browns. You can add water to tenderize the beef further. If water is added, let it boil and stir as it evaporates. Add salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Put the cooked broccoli into the pot with the beef. Stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Once done, transfer the beef with broccoli into a clean plate and it’s ready!
Delicious right? Will you try this? Let me know your thoughts!