Beef Masala Curry originated in India and it’s extremely popular in England. This dish has tenderized beef and is very delicious when cooked with a pressure cooker. It must be complemented with rice or fried rice for the ultimate experience.
- 2 lb chuck steak, cut in 2-inch cubes
- 1 big onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 ½ tsp meat masala
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/3 cup mustard oil
- 1 cup beef stock
- Turn the pressure cooker into saute mode with mustard oil until smoking hot. Add chopped onions, garlic, spices, salt, and pepper. Cook until onions become translucent, for about 3 minutes.
- Splash a small amount of water and add the chuck steak then saute for a while then add the turmeric, ground coriander, cayenne pepper, smoked paprika, ground cumin, garam masala, meat masala, ground black pepper, and salt then mix it well until well combined.
- Then stir in the crushed tomatoes, brown sugar, lemon zest, and beef stock mix until well combined then bring to a boil. Cover the lid and cook for 30 minutes on high pressure.
- Serve this incredibly tender and flavorful beef masala curry with steamed rice and chopped cilantro.
I guarantee that a celebration of flavors will take place in your mouth! What are some of your favorite comfort foods? Let us know in the comments!