Coleslaw salad is one of those recipes you put in your back pocket. It’s the perfect last-minute side and goes perfectly with grilled meats and hot or cold sandwiches. This coleslaw is quick and easy to make. It is even easy to make in advance.
- 3 cups green cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 cups purple cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 cup carrot, finely shredded
- ½ cup thinly sliced white or red onion, rinsed with water
- ½ cup vinegar (preferably white wine)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- ½ cup of vegetable oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Toss with carrots, red onion, green and purple cabbage
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving to allow flavors to blend.
Want to try this? Use Avacraft’s Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls with Lids. allow you You can measure, mix, and store food all in the same bowl. At Avacraft cookware, we love cooking and eating.