Ingredients for Rice:
1/2 cup Black/Forbidden (raw, uncooked)
1/4 Teaspoon Cold pressed coconut oil
1/4 Teaspoon roasted white sesame seeds
1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
Ingredients for Stir Fry:
1/2 cup red bell peppers chopped into 1″ cubes
1/2 cup green bell peppers chopped into 1″ cubes
1/2 cup zucchini chopped into 1″ cubes
1/4 cup red onions chopped finely
2 pods garlic minced
1-2 green chili peppers or to taste chopped fine
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon tamari sauce
- Wash rice well. Add 1 cup of water, salt, 1/4 teaspoon of coconut oil.
- Cook on low flame until rice is well done. Fluff with fork and set aside. Heat pan, add sesame seeds and toast lightly. Set aside.
- In the same pan add oil. Add garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add green chilies and chopped onions and saute on medium heat until onions are translucent.
- Add chopped vegetables and saute on high heat until veggies are crisply cooked. About 3 minutes.
- Add tamarind sauce and turn off the stove Sprinkle sesame seeds over black rice and serve with a generous serving of stirfry veggies.
This easy and healthy recipe has been made in the Healthy Indian kitchen.
Healthy Indian provides healing foods for the body and soul with an Indian twist, yoga movements, Ayurveda, gardening and lot more. So take a look around, soak in the goodness, and join us as we revolutionize what it means to live healthy.
Follow Healthy Indian on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for healthy, easy and delicious recipes.