This crispy, tender, juicy, homemade chicken nuggets are surely a hit for all ages. It is very easy to cook and perfect as snacks, lunch, dinner, movie nights, literally perfect for any time. We are sure that these homemade nuggets are better than store-bought!
- 500 grams deboned chicken breast ground
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 4 tbsp chicken stock or milk
- 4 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg (optional)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 raw eggs beaten, season with salt and pepper
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 500 ml cooking oil
- Heat 1 inch oil to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) in a large skillet or saucepan.
- In a bowl, combine chicken, salt, sugar, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, chicken stock, cornstarch, baking powder and nutmeg. Mix all the ingredients using your hands until it becomes uniform in texture or resembles a paste.
- Place wax paper or cling wrap in a baking pan and put the chicken mixture and flatten it. Put in the freezer until it hardens but not frozen then cut into desired shape.
- Prepare the breading by putting it in individual bowls. Dredge the chicken nugget first in flour, then dip in beaten egg and roll in bread crumbs until well coated. Do the same to the rest of the nuggets.
- Cook the chicken in batches in the hot oil until golden brown. Once done, transfer the cooked homemade chicken nuggets into the wire rack to let it cool and also to remove excess oil.
Want this one? At Avacraft cookware, we love cooking and eating! Comment down below!