Super delicious, easy, and everyone loves it!! This is an absolute classic side dish of French cuisine. Creamy, silky, and loaded with flavor Potato Gratin.
- 3 ounces butter
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 2 cups shredded white cheddar
- 5 cups thinly sliced Yukon gold potatoes
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Whisk in the cornstarch, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Gradually add the milk and bring to a boil. Cook the sauce stirring constantly until thickened, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1 1/2 cups of the cheese until melted. Stir in the potatoes.
- Transfer to a 2-quart baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Cover and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 30-45 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and the sauce is golden brown and bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and allow it to stand 5-10 minutes before serving.
Always choose the best! Sign-up at Avacraft cookware and win gift cards up to $50!