This carrot soup is straightforward, full of flavor and the ultimate comfort food. This is the best way to eat carrots to savor its sweet taste. It’s a light and healthy soup, not to mention budget-friendly, too. By the way, serving it with dinner Rolls or Crusty French Bread seals the deal!
- 8 carrots peeled and chopped
- 2 shallots sliced
- 1 white onion diced
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 8 cloves garlic sliced
- 2 tsp Thai red curry paste
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add in the shallots and onions and saute for about 5 to 7 minutes. Season with a little salt. Add in the garlic and Thai red curry paste and saute for just another minute or two to allow the flavors to be released.
- Add in the carrots and vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the carrots are soft, about 20 minutes.
- Use a hand blender to puree the soup, or puree in batches in a food processor or blender. After the soup has been pureed, return to low heat and add in the heavy cream. Taste and add salt if necessary. It must be a soupy texture.
- Topped with chia and sesame seeds before serving.
Don’t skip! Check out trending Avacraft cookware!